Monday 19 January 2009

Hardly any spinning..

At my grand-daughter's birthday party on December 22nd, I discovered to my horror (but my DIL's evident relief) that her due date was to be brought forward and grandchild No 3 would be putting in an appearance at the end of this week... January 23rd to be precise.
Horror because I thought I had a whole other month to knit the circular shawl I had planned.
The very next day I made a start on Mandala
I was really pleased with myself; by Boxing Day I was well into the third chart and it was all going well.
But, in the nature of Pi shawls, I had been lulled into a false sense of security and didn't realise just how long the the 4th clue would take to knit.
So here I am; a couple of days to go and desperately trying to get the knitted on border finished in time. I've got two thirds to go, so that's another 64 twelve row repeats to do before I dare look at my lovely lonely spindles again...

1 comment:

Louiz said...

Hope you've managed to finish in time!

(interestingly the verification word is medic!)

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from LUknitter. Make your own badge here.